Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
This sydrome is a cause of pelvic pain often seen in women who have had multiple pregnancies or large fibroids.Symptoms include dull constant pelvic pain, pressure and heaviness:
- just before the onset of the menstrual cycle
- at the end of the day
- after prolonged standing
- during or just after intercourse
This is easily treated using coils to collapse the problem veins (See below). The black squiggly lines are the coils in the ovarian veins. This closes down these veins and varicosites in eliminating the pain.
Preparation for Procedure
- Bring a list of all medications
- Inform your physician of any recent illness
- You will wear a gown during the exam and will be asked to remove jewelry, dentures, eye glasses and any metal objects or clothing that might interfere with the x-ray images.
- A pregnancy test and blood work will be obtained.
- You will be given sedation in your IV so you must not have anything to eat or drink anything for six hours before your exam. There must also be someone that will drive you home after the procedure.